The new Simplex Addressable Beam Detector combines the power and flexibility of IDNet technology with the proven performance of the FireRay 5000 optical beam smoke detector. Beam Detectors are used to provide “open area” smoke detection in situations where it is either impractical or not cost effective to use traditional point-type detectors or aspirating smoke detection. Some common applications are: Warehouses; Atriums; Convention Centers; Shopping Malls; Sports Arenas.
The addressable beam detector provides enhanced command, control, configuration and status / event reporting between the detector and the fire alarm control panel. Configuration, installation, diagnostics, service and maintenance of this new addressable detector is also simpler and faster than a conventional detector and separate IDNet module, saving time and money for contractors, installers and building owners.
The addressable beam detector is compatible with Simplex 4100ES and 4010ES fire alarm control panels. Key features:
- Up to 2 Detector Heads reporting to One Ground Level Controller
- Range of 26 ft, 3 inches to 330 ft (8 m to 100 m)
- Built in Laser assisted prism mounting
- Built-In electronic UL/ULC obscuration acceptance Fire Test
- Contamination compensation
- Fire alarm control panel operations include: Sensitivity selection, Almost Dirty threshold, Initiate obscuration test
- Fire alarm control panel information received includes: Smoke status, controller-to-detector communications status, trouble status, Analog values for signal strength and compensation level
The system is designed to be mounted so the beam will project between 19” (0.5m) and 24” (0.6m) below and parallel to the ceiling. Lateral detection may be up to 30ft. (9.144m) on either side of the beam, providing a maximum total coverage area of up to 19,800 square feet (60ft. x 330ft. or 18.29m x 100m).